I still get super excited about lizards I can identify
A little information about me:
1. I've been teaching Biology and Biodiversity here at Skyline for 4 years. I love teaching Freshmen, and watching them grow into high school students over the year!
2. I originally went to university to be a research scientist, and took part in several super cool research projects at Western Washington University.
3. I was a supervisor at Starbucks until I went back to school to get my Master in Teaching, and a manager in a catering company before that.
4. Other then teaching biology, you can find me at Skyline advising the bi-monthly GSA meetings!
Biology, Biodiversity and Ecology are my first loves. I am super stoked to be able to teach the subjects I am so passionate about, and to share my enthusiasm with all of you!!
When I'm not at school, you can find me:
- BOULDERING! Meaning, rock climbing without ropes. Usually at Seattle Bouldering Project or Seattle Stone Gardens
- Doing anything I can do to get myself outside! Hiking, biking, skiing, snowshoeing: if it involves the outdoors, I'm game to try it!
- Planning my wedding! I proposed to my fiance Sarah over the summer, and planning a wedding takes a LONG time.
- Cheering for any number of teams. Commonly these include: The Seattle Reign (women's soccer), The Mudhens or Saracens (women's rugby), The Mariners, The Sounders, The Huskies, and even rarely the Seahawks.
- At the theater. Musicals are a favorite, but dramas, concerts, and dance performances are always an option too!
- Swing dancing!
- Reading absurd, satirical, or humorous fantasy/scifi/historical fiction books
- Watching Scifi. Best options include, but are not limited to: Star Wars, Wonder Woman, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly