Welcome to the first week of Emergency Online Learning! First and foremost, a few pieces of information.
- Nothing assigned during the school closure will be graded.
- Everything assigned during this closure will relate to subjects already taught in class. Assignments could be a review of previous subjects, or in relation to those previous subjects.
- I will look at all work assigned through the text book, and review who has answered and what they said. No grade is attached to answering, but I want to be able to keep tabs on what you are learning!
- Each blog post will contain several activities to complete, as well as suggested comments or questions for you to submit as a response to this blog. You are encouraged to submit a response each week. Again, this is not graded, but is a good way of staying engaged with the content and each other! You are encouraged to:
- Ask questions!
- Answer each other's questions! One of the best ways to be sure you know something is to teach someone else
- Be kind and polite!
- I will review the comments every day, and answer questions where I can!
Below is this week's assignments!
Week 1 Topic: Cell Cycle and Mitosis
- Concept Review: Read the assigned chapter in your online text book. I have actually assigned it this time! It is Chapter 11, Lesson 2, eText: The Process of Cell Division
- Activity: Complete the assigned simulation: Exploring the Cell Cycle. This is also actually assigned!
- Practical Application: Work your way through the Cell Cycle and Cancer Interactive.
- Go to https://www.biointeractive.org/classroom-resources/eukaryotic-cell-cycle-and-cancer
- Click on the button that says "Launch Interactive"
- Work your way through the interactive! Click on every section of the graphic, read everything as many times as you need to, and review whenever needed. This is true learn at your own pace!
- Optional: If you need more structure, click on the first PDF linked in the section labeled "Overview Worksheet (PDF)." Work thorough the worksheet.
- Engage: Post a comment on this post! You may:
- Answer my questions. Choose one comment, and reply to that comment with your answer!
- Ask a question: Post a new comment!
- Answer someone else's question: reply to their comment!
- When you comment please use your first name only. Do not include an email or a website!