Warm Up: If a soil is 23% clay, 40% silt and 31% sand, what type of soil is it? Use one of the soil texture triangles to find out!
- Learn how to determine Soil Texture
- Understand how soil texture effects plant types
- Read the Soil Texture reading, either by yourself or as a group
- High light words that define your assigned soil texture
- You will be given a set of cards. Some will match with your soil, some wont. Trade with other groups until you have the complete set, 1-8 for your soil
- Fill out our part of the Graphic Organizer
- Get a stamp.
- If you are correct, you will be sent to glue these to the organizer on the wall!
Announcements: Next quiz HAS BEEN MOVED! We need more time to get through information. It will be on December 20. We will learn the content it will cover (how soil is made, where it comes from, and how it helps create biodiversity) between 11/21 and 12/18
Homework: If you have not finished your chemical and mechanical weathering graphs and questions, or your definition flip ups: THEY ARE NOW HOMEWORK! Show me they are complete as soon as you finish them. They will go in as 0s before break